Digest - Deliciously Easy Keto Recipes
What is Keto?
Keto is short for ketogenic diet or a low carb diet. The word ketogenic is derived from the word "ketosis". Ketosis is a metabolic process that the body begins to burn fat for energy.
What to eat on Keto Diet?
A lot of protein and fats but fewer carbs.
How does the Keto Diet work?
This diet makes the body send the fats that we consume to the liver, which the latter transform it into energy to keep the body strong and active for a long time without feeling tired quickly.
Food Categories Allowed in the Keto Diet
The Keto diet is NOT a highly-restrictive dieting lifestyle, it also offers you a variety of foods to choose from.
- Fats and Oils
- Fresh Vegetables
- Dairy Products
- Nuts and Seeds
Foods to Avoid in the Keto Diet
If you stick to the food listed above, you do not have to worry about not achieving optimal ketosis. On the same note, as you increase intake of those foods, you should also be on the lookout for the following foods that may hinder ketosis:
- All Grains
- Refined Fats and Oils
- Milk (Only Full-Fat Raw Milk is Acceptable)
- Tropical Fruits
- Fruit Juice
- Factory-Farmed Pork and Fish
- All Artificial Sweeteners
- Alcoholic Sweet Drinks
- Soy Products
Common Keto Diet Mistakes to Avoid
- Eating Too Many Carbs
- Eating Too Much Protein
- Obsessing Over The Scale
- Not Eating Enough Fats
- Eating Processed Keto’ Foods
- Being After A Quick Fix
- Egg Salad (Serves 6)
- Keto Porridge (Serves 1)
- Avocado Salmon Breakfast (Serves 1)
Keto Main Meals
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole (Serves 4)
- Tuna Salad (Serves 1)
- Ginger Beef (Serves 2)
- Keto Casserole (Serves 4)
- Keto Pork Chops (Serves 2)
- Zucchini Hummus (Makes 3 cups)
- Parsnip Chips (Makes 4 cups)
- Sugar-Free Turtles (Makes 24)
- Protein Bagel (Makes 12 bagels)
- Kale Chips with Lime (Serves 2)
- Raspberry Avocado Smoothie (Serves 2)
- Chocolate Green Smoothie (Serves 2)
- Vanilla Almond Milk Shake (Serves 1)
- Detox Smoothie (Serves 4)
- Green Tea Shake (Serves 2)
- Almond Raspberry Smoothie (Serves 1)